Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why read suspense?

Stone cold fingers gripped her throat, strangling the frantic scream that escaped her lips. The icy chill in her veins came more from the look in his eyes than from his violent grip on her neck...

Oh! I love a chilling suspense! But what makes suspense great? Is is just a psycho killer? The thrill of the hunt? For me, suspense is at its best when even the average prose has you turning pages. When the plot has highs that have your heart pounding and lows when you think everything is safe.

I read suspense to escape life and transcend laundry, dishes and toilets (I have little boys, need I say more?) So, I like to read about relationships that are tested in the fire of the plot. Hopes dashed against the rocks of a wonderful plot...and finally brought back together in a memorable kiss!

Why do you read suspense? What do you expect in a suspense novel? Or maybe you haven't read suspense yet...why not?


1 comment:

  1. I love being the page turning thrill and being tricked.... Never saw it coming moments are a rush:)

    ReplyDelete